aeontimeline

Open full view…

Exporting Problems

chrishandforth
Sun, 01 May 2016 16:51:20 GMT

I've had some different issues crop up when exporting from Aeon 2. One is that when I try to restrict the dates of my export, it always exports all the way to the end of the timeline. Furthermore, some of the events within the timeline move around and lose their names. For example, I just tried to export part of the file linked to below. I set the Arc to Dark Eras, brought the "After the Fall" arc to the top so that it was right under the dates and minimized all of the other arcs. When I attempted to export the file from 321 CE to 2010 CE (since it will glitch and export until even if I wanted it to end the export at 1500 CE) the image does export, but the Byzantine Empire is shifted about 200 years in the future and is no longer named, as shown in the image below. File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzhufCCQOrR1Q2lYUGpxMWloSGs/view?usp=sharing Image: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzhufCCQOrR1QzRyZUJPdm1UM1U/view?usp=sharing

chrishandforth
Sun, 01 May 2016 17:15:02 GMT

Also, FYI, I'm using the Mac version of the program.

chrishandforth
Tue, 17 May 2016 16:10:29 GMT

No, nothing?

Devan Gelic
Tue, 17 May 2016 18:40:57 GMT

I probably don't have an answer for your situation, but could you close out the project for a bit. Then, reopen the project, and display it how you wish it to look when exported. Example, "After the Fall", just below the dates, and closing/minimizing the unwanted Arcs, as you described in your first post? Once that's all done, save the project. Then close the project. Then open the project once more, (That last project close, should have preserved your initial view of the Timeline project) and go to export as you are want to do. 321 CE to 1500 CE. If it works, great! If not try repeating the processes mentioned above, but pick between 321 CE and 2010 CE, the end of your project. If it glitches, constantly at that same image, swap it out with suitable substitute. Maybe it's the image itself causing the glitch and of timeline moving 200 years. Maybe also try export without that image. I assume you have access to the image outside of the project, somewhere on your HDD.

chrishandforth
Wed, 18 May 2016 06:01:05 GMT

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give them a shot and hopefully IT support will show up with something more concrete if that doesn't work.