Modern forums and commenting for the popular blogging platform.
Full blown forums
- Unified system for both forums and commenting. Same users and design
- Full featured forums makes your WordPress site conversational
- Flat or threaded commenting for small or big topics
- Skinnable style the discussion directly from the Wordpress CSS editor
- Realtime. No page reloads – posts, replies, likes and users appear in realtime
- Focus on content. Text focused, uncluttered and linear user interface
- Single Sign-On. Use the Wordpress login, users and avatars
- Seach engine optimized. Improve your ranking with user generated content
- Spam filtering, email notifications and 20+ different language versions
Go to Plugins > Add new, search for "moot" and hit Install now:
Find Muut plugin settings from the left and provide your forum name.
Toggle the checkbox to replace Wordpress commenting with Muut. Done!
Additionally you can use following shortcodes:
[moot]for flat commenting
[moot forum="true"]for forums
[moot threaded="true"]for threaded commenting
[no-moot]to disable the (automatically installed) commenting on a post
[moot path="/wordpress"]for commenting on a specified path
The shortcodes override the automatically generated Muut. Alternatively you can omit the "Use Muut commenting on posts"- checkbox and only use the shortcodes on selected posts or pages.
Example post with threaded commenting
You can also setup Muut with pure HTML as follows:
<a href="https://muut.com/i/[forumname]/[path]" id="moot">Comments</a>
Make sure you familiarize yourself with the amazing Muut paths!
Single Sign-On (SSO) let's you use Wordpress registration and login instead of Muut's. For this to work you need to upgrade your forums to support SSO and then input the public/private keypair to the settings.
Grab the keys directly from fthe orums by clicking the "Settings" link and then opening the "Single Sign-On" tab:
After these fields are filled the SSO is enabled on all the forum and commenting instances: be it automatically generated or installed with shortcode.