Fri, 27 Feb 2015 10:18:26 GMT
• Explore the visual data analysis capabilities of one of the leading data visualization application: Tableau
• Develop your skill at using a data visualization tool for business intelligence
• To find patterns in the data and present a convincing view of the issues and solution
Assume you are a regional manager in this coffee house chain and you want to develop a strategy to enhance the business profitability in your region. You don't know exactly how to define the problem nor what factors contribute to the issues. Therefore, you want to explore this situation by visualizing the data you got from your company data mart.
Choose a state and then call up the coffee chain data source and begin to explore. You may create 4 - 7 sheets for your State to drill down. Below are some examples. However, it’s your job to decide between right metrics/dimensions and choose appropriate view/filers/markes.
• Sales/profit trends by Product
• Sales Map by area codes
• Low performing market and/or product
• Compare your state with other comparable state in terms of sales, profits, expense…
• Compare budget margin/profit with actual margin/profit
• Use forecasting tools to estimate your sales, profits, cost...
Add all useful sheets to a new dashboard (at least four) and write two paragraphs on issues (e.g. what products are underperforming in your region) as well as strategies you may consider to address those issues.
Please add the picture of your dashboard and paragraphs above to your site, under a new page (Tableau project), and post the link as a comment below this post.
Fri, 27 Feb 2015 20:12:14 GMT
Fri, 27 Feb 2015 20:12:47 GMT
Fri, 27 Feb 2015 20:13:52 GMT
Fri, 27 Feb 2015 20:14:31 GMT
Fri, 27 Feb 2015 20:16:37 GMT
Fri, 27 Feb 2015 20:29:00 GMT
Sat, 28 Feb 2015 08:17:14 GMT
Sat, 28 Feb 2015 21:27:57 GMT
Wed, 13 May 2015 03:33:56 GMT