Wed, 03 Sep 2014 17:59:29 GMT
Conflict with a handler- could easily be described as the dog being unsettled, unsure, and second guessing itself when the handler approaches or is near. Here are a few questions you can ask yourself to determine and decide if you and your dog are in conflict:
1. How much do you play with your dog?
2. How much positive time do you spend with your dog, and how often do you train?
3. Do you often yell at your dog at home or on the field?
4. Are your corrections fair?
5. Is your communication clear to your dog?
6. Does your dog understand the exercise?
7. Are you setting your dog up for failure or success when you're training?
8. Does your dog get away with a "bad" behavior sometimes and then other times you discipline him/her for the same behavior?
9. Does your dog like you? Why or why not?