Open full view…

Support for my cp child in mainstream school

Wed, 31 Oct 2018 19:33:45 GMT

Hi my son has right-sided hemiplegia. He attends a mainstream primary school and is overseen by the Special Educational Needs coordinator. However my son is struggling in all aspects of his school work; does anyone know if the school ask for funding/ support from the local authority, please?

Mon, 03 Dec 2018 11:34:08 GMT

Hiya, the SEN coordinator should set up a plan for him with the Local Authority - they will allocated funding based on the support plan the SEN lead puts together. You should be fully involved in the drawing up of the care plan for him. Call the council if you're not sure- go on Gov website for more info: https://www.gov.uk/children-with-special-educational-needs/extra-SEN-help