Fri, 16 Aug 2019 21:47:06 GMT
A first of its kind accelerator in the videogames, immersive technology and esports industry with a social impact orientation is searching for
a rock star General Manager.
The Games for Change Accelerator is formed as a partnership between Quake Capital Partners, Games for Change and i(x) investments. The mission of the program is to fund and support social impact games, esports and XR development through funding, mentoring, go-to market planning, on-going business development and distribution. We are joining forces to harness the potential of social impact in the burgeoning interactive technology industries to drive real-world outcomes.
The new program is seeking a highly motivated and experienced General Manager to work in our New York City office as part of the leadership team. This person will report to the Accelerator’s President and work closely with the General Partners as well as senior stakeholders from Quake, Games for Change and i(x) investments.
● Manage day to day activities of the Accelerator
● Responsible for (2) direct hires, a Princ ipal and Senior Associate role
● Provide expertise in design and development of games and/or XR experiences across all
aspects of the Accelerator
● Develop a robust education program that will support each team’s individual needs, whether
in an alpha or beta stage. Includes recruiting mentors, scheduling classes, sessions on
relevant gaming or business topics
● Evaluate potential cohort teams with the management team of the general partnership with
the lens of an experienced games/XR developer
● Provide 1:1 office hours to teams
● Analyze cohort’s performance and make recommendations for follow-on investments in
existing portfolio companies
● Manage the communication process for due diligence methodology, including writing
● Plan and produce Demo Day as the culminating event of each cohort
● Lead support efforts at portfolio companies and advise on various management, strategy
and funding issues
● Facilitate communications with the G4CA Advisory Board to act as strategic resources to
portfolio companies, as appropriate
● Leadership experience running a games/XR studio of 5-10 people or related business for 5-
● Versed knowledge of the gaming and XR sectors, including products, trends, distribution
strategies and sophisticated and thoughtful understanding of the ecosystem
● Proven record of successfully bringing products to market
● Well-developed network and established relationships with developers and researchers with
whom the candidate can source and develop deal flow
● Exceptional ability to analyze data effectively, interpret results, and extract data-driven
● Excellent interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence, including strong judgement of
● Demonstrated passion for helping entrepreneurial teams succeed
● Evidence of the candidate’s ability to add value to a startup across company’s evolution, not
simply at the time of investment
● Comfort working independently in a fast-paced startup environment
● Ability to travel both domestically and internationally to represent the Games for Change
Accelerator at conferences and events
● Strategic thinker, creative and efficient problem solver with high energy, positive attitude
and strong work ethic
● Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
The Games for Change Accelerator is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability.
To Apply: Please send an email with the subject line “G4C Accelerator General Manager” to email@example.com. Please send your resume as an attachment (PDF or Word format) and include your cover letter in the body of the email. We look forward to hearing from you.
QUAKE CAPITAL PARTNERS
Quake is a unique accelerator focused on making seed level investments in new and early stage ventures across a wide range of industries. Working closely with key advisers,and tapping into exclusive relationships developed over the last 30 years, our team boasts unparalleled access to the top players in finance, development, manufacturing, and distribution.
GAMES FOR CHANGE
Since 2004, Games for Change (G4C) has been empowering game creators and innovators to drive real-world change using games that help people to learn, improve their communities and contribute to make the world a better place. We partner with technology and gaming companies like Microsoft, Valve, Dell and Ubisoft, as well as nonprofits, foundations and government agencies to run world class events, public arcades, design challenges and youth programs. G4C supports a global community of game developers working to use games to tackle real-world challenges, from humanitarian conflicts to climate change and education.
i(x) is a permanently capitalized holding company that provides individual and institutional investors an historic opportunity to create economic growth and catalytic social impact. i(x) invests in the pillars of human needs (energy, water, food, technology, communications, education, health, housing, access to capital, and gender parity) in a multi-strategy investment approach throughout the entire capital structure. Our focus is on companies with proven science and technology with the potential for hyper-growth as well as on mispriced assets. We bring value to our investments with not only capital but also our expertise in creating and measuring social impact.