Mon, 26 Feb 2018 00:21:52 GMT
This is support for a couple of posts in the General area for snapping to work between layers. Using MacDraft is very frustrating in its present state. Even workarounds don't work. One workaround, for example, is doing all the drawing on one layer, copying the parts you want on another layer and pasting into a new layer. It doesn't work as pasting between layers doesn't place the objects in the same place. And because snapping doesn't work between layers you can't realign things again. Another workaround is to again do the whole drawing on one layer, then duplicate that layer and delete what you don't want. But that doesn't work either as you can't duplicate layers.
In summary, I have two suggestions:
1. allow snapping between layers, and
2. make pasting objects copied from layer paste into exactly the same positions in another layer.
Mon, 26 Feb 2018 12:08:41 GMT
Hi rossh. Thank you for the suggestion, there is currently a way to move objects onto a different layer in the same position.
1) Select the object (or group of objects)
2) Go Edit > Move
- A dialog appears
3) Select Relative in the 'To-coordinates' section
4) Keep the coordinates at 0 - 0
5) Tick 'move a copy' if you want a copy or leave it blank to move the original
6) Select the Layer you want to move the object to via the Layer pop up
7) Click OK and the object will have moved to the desired Layer.
Thanks! We will pass your suggestions onto the Dev team and see what we might be able to implement in a future release