Open full view…

JASO alert - stock halted - 9.69 buyout offer

Fri, 05 Jun 2015 12:16:05 GMT

Something crooked may be going down here, way too low of a price. If they are going to accept this I hope they do it fast you I can re-allocate money elsewhere.

Fri, 05 Jun 2015 12:32:12 GMT

hear it has resumed trading, all good at least people get to decide when to sell

Ryan F.
Fri, 05 Jun 2015 12:54:43 GMT

I can't copy & paste from iPad, I've been trying to post!!

Ryan F.
Fri, 05 Jun 2015 12:58:50 GMT

How do I get email alerts on this thread, haven't been getting any from forum in last few days? In at $8.60

Fri, 05 Jun 2015 13:00:40 GMT

emails not working for me either. pretty nice for a week's return eh? (although I was hoping for much more...)

Ryan F.
Fri, 05 Jun 2015 13:04:57 GMT

R u seeing $9.29 right now too?

Fri, 05 Jun 2015 13:08:43 GMT

yup pre-market, I will hold though for now, watching CSIQ though at the corner of my eye, it's taken a beating lately

Ryan F.
Fri, 05 Jun 2015 13:12:03 GMT

Huge Thanks Remi!!!! Could u let us know what is going to be bought out next week before end of day? LOL

Fri, 05 Jun 2015 13:18:06 GMT

no problem, I will consult the oracle in the afternoon ;)

Sat, 06 Jun 2015 05:03:40 GMT

Completely agree, Remi... shareholders should insist on a higher price. How much pull do owners of ADRs have?

Thu, 11 Jun 2015 03:31:20 GMT

Scott, my understanding is that institutions had a majority ownership stake and probably could force the outcome, but due to time constraints and lack of knowledge/experience, I don't know 100%. My logic is saying that if the CEO had everyone is his back pocket and he had no fear of legal backlash he would just have the company buy some shares on the open market while it is under 9 as per the approved buyback - would make for a cheaper acquisition - the volume makes it unlikely of this happening. So there is that, anything under 9 sounds pretty tasty for an acquisition arbitrage opportunity play with a 3 month or less horizon.

Wed, 16 Dec 2015 15:29:34 GMT

ALERT - JASO very near buyout price - I sold everything

Wed, 16 Dec 2015 15:35:28 GMT

Ross upgraded the stock yet I see no news to say that the stock won't be bought out. Regarding China, the 6 month time period is coming up which means to my knowledge that they will unfreeze the stock market for IPOs, we might see also of the go-private offers pass through in the short term (those that don't get voted down). Once China unfreezes things, the stock market could resume some of the earlier decline from this summer.

Wed, 27 Apr 2016 01:02:21 GMT

The combination of the potential loss of $10 million due to the SunEdison bankruptcy and, much more so, the suit by Hemlock scared me out of the last of my JASO holdings. The material below is from 20-F Annual and transition report of foreign private issuers pursuant to sections 13 or 15(d) Filed on 04/30/2012 Filed Period 12/31/2011. Rather wish I had paid attention... Someone on the Yahoo JASO board claims: "The subsidiary being sued is a LLC, so the parent is basically shielded from any liability. As JASO is growing by leaps and bounds, they can offer Hemlock a new even bigger take or pay contract and settle in good terms with Hemlock." But I haven't seen any confirmation on that. "In order to secure adequate and timely supply of polysilicon and silicon wafers, we entered into a number of long-term supply agreements for polysilicon, ingots and wafers with a limited number of suppliers, including Hebei Jinglong, Jiangsu Zhongneng Polysilicon Technology Development Co., Ltd., an affiliate of GCL-Poly Energy Holdings Limited, or GCL, Wacker Chemie AG, or Wacker, OCI Company Ltd., or OCI, and Hemlock Semiconductor Pte. Ltd., or Hemlock. Some agreements provide for fixed pricing or pricing adjustable within a relatively small range of plus or minus 5% to 10%, substantial prepayment obligations, and/or firm purchase commitments that require us to pay for the supply whether or not we accept delivery. The prices of polysilicon and silicon wafers declined in the second half of 2008, increased since the second half of 2010 but declined again in 2011, in this regard, we had renegotiated the unit price and volume terms of many of our long-term supply agreements and had entered into amendments for many of them. In view of the significant volatility of the polysilicon prices during the past few years, we plan to continue to renegotiate the unit price and volume terms of our long-term supply agreements, if prices of polysilicon or silicon wafers continue to be higher than the market prices after such re-negotiations, we may be placed at a competitive disadvantage versus our competitors, and our cost of revenues as well as profitability would be materially and adversely affected. In addition, if demand for our solar power products decreases and such agreements require us to purchase more raw materials than are required to meet our demand, we may incur costs associated with carrying excess inventory, which may have a material adverse effect on our cash flow. To the extent we are not able to pass these increased costs to our customers, our business and results of operations may be materially and adversely affected." "Furthermore, we may choose not to procure polysilicon, ingots or wafers under certain contracts if we deem the prices under such contracts are unfavorable to us under prevailing market conditions and/or we are unable to renegotiate the price or volume terms to our satisfaction. In the event we choose not to procure polysilicon, ingots or wafers under these contracts, we may be forced to forfeit certain prepayment amounts to, and face contractual damage claims from, these suppliers if no mutual agreement can be reached. We cannot assure you that the outcome of any such potential litigation would be in our favor. Such litigation may be costly and may divert management attention and other resources away from our business and could materially and adversely affect our reputation, business, financial condition, results of operations and prospects."