That sounds so strange! I don't think I ever noticed this before. Has anyone else seen it? Can you give me an example of a search query along with the exact sequence of filtering and sorting options that you clicked on in order to create this effect? Thanks
Try this : Pick the All Amazon items by Price option from the shortcuts, add "-Kindle" and "-Books" to the search bar and then under the filters choose to exclude Addon and Pantry items. Go through to page 6 and you should see things ranging from $1.68 to $1.76. On page 7 it shows the the items from Page 5 again and on page 8 it jumps back to some items starts at $1.84 or so and skips over the stuff that's priced below that and above the $1.76 that it ended at on page 6. You can see the ones it skipped over by going into the filters again and putting the minimum price to $1.76 and you'll get roughly a page worth of things it skipped over.
Huh. OK, thank you for the detailed instructions. I will try that and try to figure out what's going on.
So I tried reproducing the issue and could not create the effect that you are describing. Can you try doing a full refresh of the page (Ctrl-F5 in most browsers) and repeating the steps on your end? I am wondering if your browser is using a version of the site from a local cache, and it is conflicting with the back end in some weird way. By doing a Ctrl-F5 you will pull down a full version of the browser-side code and hopefully that will sync things up. Let me know if that resolves your issue. Thank you!
Tried that plus clearing cache & cookies and a different browser(firefox instead of chrome) and it still happened, i'll try clearing em again and seeing if that helps.
Still happening, does it in a incognito window as well. I'll see if I can get a video of it.
So strange... I will try again to reproduce on my end.
Here ya go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLKZNf1pgxM
Got it, thank you! Actually, the video was helpful and I am now able to reproduce the problem. Thank you so much. I will look into a solution within a day or two, hopefully it is something that I will be able to fix. Thanks again!
OK, so I thought I could reproduce it, but now it once again looks like I can't. Here is the video of me going through (seemingly) the same steps as you, and I don't see the problem: https://www.useloom.com/share/e49e94e1337f45198ee278565f13481a Could you take a look and see what I am doing differently? Sorry I am being so slow.
Main difference I can see is that I typed in the -kindle and -books and then hit enter while you just typed it in and didn't hit enter but went to filters. That and I excluded Prime Pantry before Addon, not sure if that will make a difference though. I tried it again with both your way and the way I did and now it takes until page 9 before the pages get mis-matched with both methods. Went and tried it in Firefox and it happened on page 6 with both methods. I was thinking that maybe searching the terms I had put in before applying the extra filters was what did it but that doesn't seem to be the case so I got no clue what is going on.
Yep, I see it now: https://www.useloom.com/share/c377de2205434061b8f0c903a95845ec Do you remember when you first noticed it?
About a week, maybe a bit longer.
From what I see so far, so.cool is forming the requests correctly in all those scenarios, so the effect we are seeing appears to be some random weirdness on Amazon's end. I'll keep watching this, and maybe you could do the same and let me know if you see a change. In the meantime, if I can make a suggestion, try excluding books by using the "Exclude product groups" filter in the filters panel rather than putting -books in the query. It seems that a part of the problem has to do with books randomly being mixed into the results. So try running your search like this: "All Amazon items" shortcut -> "Books" in the "Exclude product groups" area -> Addon and Pantry filters -> "-kindle" in the search bar (you don't need to leave the asterisk there). I wonder if it will result in a more consistent experience.
Removed the -books and used the filter option instead and 20 pages into the results and everythings fine so far so that does look to be what was causing the problem.