Wed, 13 Mar 2019 22:53:31 GMT
Prep-Time: 75 minutes
Cook Time: 90 minutes
Servings: 10 approx.
Serving Size: 1 Cup
Milligrams per Serving: 10mg
1 Medium Butternut Squash
1 Medium Acorn Squash
½ Cup Diced Semi-Sweet Apple, Gala or Fiji variety
1 Cup Sliced Carrot
1 Cup Diced White or Sweet Onion
4 Cups Chicken Broth
8oz Cream Cheese
1 Stick Sweet Grass Kitchen Cannabutter, divided
¼ tsp Fresh Ginger
¼ tsp Nutmeg
¼ tsp Yellow Curry Powder
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1) Pre-heat oven to 450
2) Cut squash in half, lengthwise, and remove seeds. Place cut side up on foil-covered
cookie sheets. Drizzle generously with olive oil and sprinkle liberally with salt,
pepper, and garlic powder. Bake for 75 minutes, rotating as necessary*
3) After squash is finished roasting, let cool until able to handle safely. Remove skin
and slice or scoop out flesh with a spoon.
4) Place apple, carrot, onion, and 2 Tbsp Cannabutter in large, heavy pot. Season with
salt & pepper to taste. Sauté for 15-20 minutes or until caramelization begins.
5) Add squash, 2 C chicken broth and 2 Tbsp Cannabutter to pot. Stir and bring to a
6) Simmer on low for 30 minutes, stirring regularly. Add remaining 2 C of chicken
stock throughout cooking time
7) Add 8oz Cream Cheese and 1 Tbsp Cannabutter, stir until fully incorporated.
Remove from heat and using an immersion or stick blender, blend ingredients until
smooth and creamy.
8) Return pot to low heat and add ginger, nutmeg, curry powder and remaining 5 Tbsp
Cannabutter. Simmer on low for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
9) Serve warm, garnish with nutmeg or a dollop or crème fraiche
*Be careful to not over crowd the cookie sheet, if you use more than one, rotate every 20 minutes to ensure even roasting
Thu, 21 Mar 2019 22:49:01 GMT
Love me some Butternut Squash Soup 😍 What a great idea! Never made it with cream cheese before. Can't wait to try!
Thu, 21 Mar 2019 23:14:32 GMT
So into this!